In accordance with the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA), the Gwichyaa Zhee Gwich’in Tribal Government Tribal Court oversees child custody issues (including State intervention), appeals & petitions. The Court is comprised of five (5) elected judges and a clerk.
ICWA personnel also provide case management for children in Tribal custody as well as overseeing Tribal foster homes and Tribal adoptions.
ICWA Social Worker – Vacant
Tribal Court Clerk – April Carroll
- Seat A: Tribal Court Judge – Arlene Peter Term 2021 – 2024
- Seat B: Tribal Court Judge – Tamara Henry Term 2022 – 2024
- Seat C: Tribal Court Judge – Andrea Peter Term 2021 – 2024
- Seat D: Tribal Court Judge – Janis Carroll Term 2022 – 2024
- Seat E: Tribal Court Judge – Pieradora Tremblay Term 2022-2024
After Hours On Call Cell # 907.662.5105